- The old adage of “If you love something let it go. If you were meant to have it it will return.” is bullshit.
If you love something you’d better cling onto it with every last damn ounce of strength you can muster. Rather that than the alternative of wallowing in self-pity, anger and regret.
- There are plenty of places to find friends in the world. Facebook is not one of them.
- Going out every week to watch new South African bands for 52 weeks in a row is perfectly possible, and will bring many rewards, but may bring you close to being a raging alcoholic, and its often lonely, so be prepared to socialise with strangers.
- Tequila actually has a great flavour. When diluted 50000:1.
- There is such a thing as a free lunch.
- Jagermeister is a good digestive.
- Someone you know will always end up in the First Aid tent at August Oppikoppi.
- Gym ain’t as bad as everyone says.
- Despite the rumours, England *does* produce beautiful women.
- Always bite off more than you can chew. You will never get it all done, but you can get most of it done.
Ten Life Lessons from 2007 [Big Mistakes Department]