Sorry folks, no apologies for that headline. On Friday 4 April at around noon, some criminal fuckheads loaded my bike into a van or a truck and drove off with it. This occurred inside the “secure” complex where our offices are in Centurion. I happened to look out the window at 2pm and my bike was no longer where I had parked it, and it turned out that this was no prank.
There’s a couple things that make this event such a shock:
- I can’t believe nobody saw this happening. There’s always someone smoking out there.
- I can’t believe the security guards at the entrance saw nothing.
- I can’t believe they’d do it in the middle of the day.
- I can’t believe criminals think that seeing something means you can take it.
- I can’t believe someone would buy that stolen bike from the thieves, but I can’t believe they’ll make any money selling it for parts either.
- I can’t believe I only take the bike to work very rarely, based on a whim and on the weather, and the criminals “just happened to see it”.
- I can’t believe it was my bike that was taken, and not one of the other two parked two spaces away.
- I can’t believe I have to go hunting for a bike again, when I’d found the perfect deal on the perfect bike for me.
- I can’t believe I’ve managed to control my burning anger and not punch holes through walls, but then again, I suppose that control is one of the reasons I’ve been such a successful biker thus far.
And in case you happen to see something, here are the bike details:
Black 2007 model CBR 1000 Fireblade
Standard exhaust, standard windshield
Right hand side crash bobbin is missing.
Stolen in Central Park, Esdoring Street, Highveld Techno Park, Centurion