It’s the first 5-day working week in South Africa the People’s Republic of Jacob Zuma for a long time, so to help split up the week, here are a handful of time wasters I’ve been collecting over the past weeks:
- View some of cinema’s most dramatic typing scenes.
- Download the MP3 and listen to Bat For Lashes’ cover of Kings of Leon – Use Somebody. [via]
- Play Kings Quest / Police Quest / Space Quest or Leisure Suit Larry online at Sarien.net. Very cool.
- Create hailstorms that destroy buildings, planes and more in the super-addictive online game, Effing Hail. [via]
- Check out some of South Africa’s best and worst ads.
- Read 1001 rules for my unborn son. Hugely inspirational and very insightful. I can’t get enough of it. Some of my favourites:
“14. Men with facial hair have something to hide.”
“344. When building a fire, choose deadwood from a tree, not off the ground.”
“354. Experience the serenity of traveling alone.”
“59. Socks are not necessary in the summer, no matter how formal the occasion.”