Awesome SA rockers Taxi Violence are releasing their new album “The Turn” this August. Looking forward to it. The launch dates are below, starting wiff: Benoni!!! Oh hell. Anyway, do yourself a huge favour and go watch this band. You won’t regret it.
Rock band Seether usually do a pretty good job with the creativity in their music videos, and this brand new Commodore-64 inspired video has that same cleverness to it, but I get the awkward feeling this music video is meant for a very different song. It feels quite contrived and the two just don’t quite gel together. Either way, have a look and make up your own mind.
As per this post, I’ve compiled my own list of the most-played music added to my iPod in 2007. Interesting.
- The Cliks – Oh Yeah – 55 Plays (I had a phase, OK!)
- Fall Out Boy – This Ain’t a Scene, It’s an Arms Race (Mandatory emo patch)
- Harris Tweed – Beautiful Mystery (Now we’re getting somewhere)
- Muse – Knights of Cydonia
- Billy Talent – Red Flag (I don’t always make the choice of what my iPod plays)
- Harris Tweed – Ode to Confusion
- My Chemical Romance – Cancer
- My Chemical Romance – Teenagers
- Grinderman – No Pussy Blues
- Harris Tweed – Superfly
Which leaves no doubt as to my artist of the year – Harris Tweed.
Filling out the Top 20 are:
- Korn feat. Amy Lee – Freak on a Leash
- My Chemical Romance – Mama
- The White Stripes – Icky Thump
- Arcade Fire – Intervention
- Blue October – Hate Me
- Harris Tweed – Hurt Enough
- Harris Tweed – Le Musketeer est Brave
- Menage a Trois – Voodoo
- Muse – Starlight
- Hugh Grant – Pop! Goes My Heart 🙂
I finally got my grubby paws on The Parlotones‘ new album – A World Next Door To Yours – after hearing pieces of it at a friend about a month ago and then of course attending the album launch at Tings n Times.
I must admit I was pretty worried when I started listening to it that it would turn out to be a horrible disappointment. When you consider the smashing success that was “Radiocontrolledrobot” you expect that the artists could only go downhill from that high.
Not wanting to make an immediate judgement I put the disk in for a second spin. Bang! I was hooked. It is astonishing how much the songs grow and develop as you listen to them. The album draws you in and takes you on a whirlwind ride through the emotionally charged landscape that is the kingdom of the Parlotones. Pure brilliance starts to shine through as you tiptoe cautiously and then barge frantically through the 14 track album. It’s early days to choose a favourite, but having seen it live and hearing it on the disk “Solar System” is definitely one that shines out.
As of this writing its R110 on Kalahari.net. Its a steal.
Link to buy album.
So I just picked up off Idolator that Guns ‘n Roses are postponing their world tour due to an injury to bassist Tommy Stinson’s hand.
Great, so now we get an even more watered-down version of an already watered-down band.
Frankly I’m surprised Big Concerts didn’t just pull the plug…